... ... Diane Marie Kloba - The IndieFunda Project

Diane Marie Kloba


I was born in Chicago and was a simple poet from an early age. I began playing guitar at about 17 when I bought my first guitar. Music and poetry always being my passion, I joined many original alternative rock bands with a somewhat sophisticated punk attitude and style. Finally in the early 1990s  formed The Silent Workers. We were regulars for about nine years on the Chicago club scene and festival shows, . Our recording Quark received local and national airplay, including live performances on radio stations
In 2004 I released a solo  recording ‘I Kid You Not’ on Striped Shirt Records. Punk attitude and subtle humor, star gazing thoughts and hints of anti-pop, this album was a winner and went on to be voted as the #9 album of the year in The Village Voice Pazz and Jop poll for 2004. In May 2005 I released ‘Messages From The Ionosphere’. Urgent vocals are backed with hip-hop style shouts that serve as a Greek chorus to the songs drama.
In late  ‘For You Stranger’, a dedication to the musicians, artists and inventors in this world.
In a place where pop music is not a goal but an avoidance, I tried to create an urgently approachable and still somewhat avant garde work titled For You, Stranger. While keeping the attitude, verse and vibe up front, bent jazz and twisted surf are placed neatly between alternative and punk rock sonics. The resulting overall style is performance art educated by a punk aesthetic. Reviews of this CD say "there is not a cliché or pop pandering melody or guitar line to be found. I am called a free spirited songwriter who performs wry, ramshackle avant pop. Also that my technique is never lazy or unmusical. Charming and emotional. I love you rock critics for your descriptions of me, I would not know what else to say!!
I am now a voting member of The Recording Academy.
My favorite artists are Fionna Apple, Regina Spector, Isis, Muse, Arcade Fire, Radio Head, Eminem, Linkin Park, Scribe One, Jimmi Henrix, old Bob Dylan,oh and anything new.
My newest creation is titled "I AM AN UNKNOWN ARTIST" It is by far the most polished work I have obtained while still being true to my untamed performance art. Everyone from beat poets to avant pop fans and just plain good music lovers will enjoy this one. It is a personally revealing CD , emotional and warm, fun and grabbing.

                       You Might Think You Know by Diane Marie Kloba


                                      Believe in the Unseen (Featuring Darlene Wentland-Wiktor) by Diane Marie Kloba




Share this article on :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2010-2011 The IndieFunda Project All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.